Friday, September 21, 2018

Week 65 1/2


Hi again,
I know it has literally been 4 days since I wrote, but I actually won’t be able to write next week because of el dieciocho.  BUT, in case you were wondering I’ve been great, hahahha.
No but I can’t believe that Kevin is leaving the CCM already....or that you read the Book of Mormon in Spanish all of the way!!!  WHAT!!  Legend.
Well...I mean I don’t really have much to write because not much has happened.  Oh hahha. I forgot to tell you I chipped my tooth on a fork like 2 weeks ago (I can already tell this email is going to be super random). This Sunday we find out if we have cambios or not, so next week when I write I may be in another sector--or maybe not. 
I completed 15 months yesterday and that was crazy.  I only have the time of Kevin´s training left.   What in the world??
Well...Today we are going to have an activity to celebrate el 18 and we are going to dance la cueca (well like a choreographed dance that’s not actually the cueca but has the steps cause we are missionaries) But we are excited. I also have learned how to make lots of Chilean food these past two weeks so that’s been good haha.
Lately we have done lots of good contacts and we are excited to be able to start teaching them.  Thanks for your prayers!!  Ok hahhahah I literally have nothing to write about so I will just share something that I learned in my personal study!
In John 15: 13-16 it says
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
As I was reading that the other day its really hit me.  Christ calls us His friends.  He died for us, His friends.  He has chosen us, not the other way around.  So what makes us Christ’s friends?  I was thinking about what makes someone my friend.  Why are some people acquaintances and other people my friends?  The people that are my real friends love me and I love them.  We have similar interests and goals.  We serve each other and spend time together.  So what makes us Christ’s friend?  We love Him and He loves us.  We serve Him, spend time with Him, and we have similar characteristics (we are trying to be like him) and goals.  We defend Him.  So Christ chooses us to be His friends when we are trying to be like Him and doing what He teaches and commands us to do. 
We are His friends, we are on His team, we work for the same goal.  He also died for His FRIENDS.  He died for everyone, hoping that they would choose to live righteously so that they could be called His friends, but His atoning sacrifice only can work when we do what He asks us.  Which is have faith, repent, be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end.  Continually working towards becoming more like Him.  If we do those things, we are His friends, and His sacrifice then saves us.  So He died for us, His friends. 
I don’t know if that makes sense. Hahah, I feel like I can explain things in English anymore, but I’m sure you get the gist of it. 
So, I invite you guys to do something to be better friends with Christ.  Try to develop one of His attributes, repent, and spend time with Him by reading the scriptures, praying, going to church, and going to the temple to work at the goals you both have.  Love you all!! Have a great week!!
--Hermana West