Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Week 74


Hello!!
This week was a good one! Some random things first, then the experiences.
1-In intercambios I went running with Hermana Galeano and she passed out haha, but didn't die haha she's ok.
2-I didn't even know it was Thanksgiving until people told me today.
3- We visited a hidden waterfall and cave today.
4-We get to receive yet another sister from the Dominican Republic who is coming late because her visa didn't come in time.

But like I said, it was a good week!! The highlight was the boy we taught getting baptized!!!!  Oh man I love him!! Everything that day just worked out.  So many small miracles that lead to a very spiritual baptism.  Almost the whole primary showed up and so many people from the ward! I've never seen that many people in a baptism it was incredible!  But the primary basically did the whole thing!  The kids said the prayers, gave the talks, sang "A Child's Prayer" for the special musical number, and afterward they shared their testimonies.  It was super sweet.  I'm 100% sure that everyone felt the spirit there.  Kids are so pure and bring such a powerful spirit!  His mom came too which was awesome!  She’s not a member, but she’s super supportive. She was super sweet at his baptism and even got emotional.  It's amazing how one person can change lots of people.  We all need each other.
I've also really been seeing how Heavenly Father personally loves me this week. It was kinda hard in some aspects, but Heavenly Father constantly sends me reminders that He is aware of me and loves me and each one of His children whether we see it or not. Everyday He gives us hundreds of gifts, but we need to choose to "open" them.  I challenge you guys to try to "open" as many gits from him as you can each day this week!!
I know Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers.  And more often than not, he sends people to be His instruments in blessing us...but it’s always Him.  A really quick example.  This week I was thinking about an experience in Coyhaique.  I had had the most stressful week of my mission and we had a baptism early the next morning.  We were in super intercambios and I was so stressed.  I went to "shower" but just cried.  The hermana I was with at the time, Hermana Galeano was super sweet and could tell I was stressed.  We also had zero money or food in the house because it was the end of the 5th week of the month.  She knew I loved no-bake cookies.  So while I was in the shower she called the other hermanas in our ward and asked them to make me no-bake cookies and bring them to the baptism early the next morning.  I was so surprised and so happy hahah.  It was something small but really helped me feel that Hermana Galeano loved me and wanted to help me.  It's the same with Heavenly Father and us.  Heavenly Father sees a need we have or just wants to bless us, and "calls" someone to do something for us to bless us.  It looks like that person (in this case the hermanas from our ward) is the one who is blessing you, and its true they did act and we should thank them, but at the root of it all is God.  He is the one who organizes everything and blesses us.  He loves us and wants us to be happy!!  I don't know if that made sense to you guys, but what I'm trying to say is whenever anybody says or does something nice, in reality its Heavenly Father blessing us and we should be grateful for His love!!  Love you all!! Have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving together!!
--Hermana West