Monday, May 14, 2018

Week 48



Hey Family!!!
It was so fun getting to talk to you all yesterday!!!  Like I told you, we were going to get transfer calls last night.  And...... (oh before that there was another tremor last night.  It was super fun and I was actually awake for it this time)....
I'M GOING TO COYHAIQUE!!!!  WOOOHOOO!!  I'm so excited.  I have actually felt like I was going there for the past transfer so that was fun.  I have also been called to be an Hermana Lìder.  Basically, it’s like a zone leader but for hermanas.  I’ll be in charge of travel, I'll go to leadership meetings in Osorno (lots more flying for me woohoo), and I’ll do exchanges with the Hermanas in our zone.  It’s going to be fun!  I’m grateful for another opportunity to serve.  Hermana Hyland is getting her first Latina companion and she is really excited about that.  Soooo there are the cambios.
Its super cold there and snows just like Punta Arenas.  I had to go buy warm boots and leggings today because unlike Punta Arenas, there aren't gas stoves to heat you.  It’s basically just another version of Punta Arenas so I'm excited(:  MÂS FRÎOOOOO.  (More cold!) Woohoo!!!!
This week was great.  We worked a lot with members and less actives and we found some potential investigators.  We also got to watch COCO like I told you as part of a ward activity.  I loved it.  It made me want to go do all my family history and go teach everyone about families. 
It was a super crazy and emotional week with waiting for cambios, Hermana Hyland finishing her training, mother’s day, skype, etc.  But it was super fun.  I've been really happy.
The thing that I've really learned a lot this week is that we need to be humble.  Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to be happy.  Everything he does is for our happiness.  We can show our love to Him by loving others (charity) and being submissive to His will and trusting that everything will work out (humble).
For my cute little siblings that have to do a lot to finish this school year and have a lot of stress, or if you guys are stressed with work or just family life in general, I just want to remind you how you are in good hands.  Heavenly Father loves you.  He is 100% aware of you.  He wants you to be happy.  Put Him first by reading the scriptures and praying and serving, and He will take care of you.  Think of the eternal perspective.  This will just be a really short moment and it doesn't effect eternity.  Put your trust in God and watch Him pull together a miracle.  I know it’s just school, but you are really important to Him.  He wants you to succeed.  Pray.  Ask Him what you need to do and listen to how he feels about you and what He says.  Then just act.  Trust that it will work out.  Just start slowly.  Here is a quote from President Hinckley that I love...
“In my ninety-plus years, I have learned a secret. I have learned that when good men and good women face challenges with optimism, things will always work out! Truly, things always work out! Despite how difficult circumstances may look at the moment, those who have faith and move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.”
I know that's true!!  I have seen it in my life time and time again especially in high school with the stress of grades.  Put more trust in God, work and tell him you are relying on Him, and then watch Him pull it all together if you are willing to be an instrument in His hands.  I love you and I'm praying for each one of you and the stresses you might have!!  Have a great week!!