Monday, May 7, 2018

Week 46



Hey fam!!
Sorry, I don't have too much time to write this week!!!  We are going on a paseo to this really cool rock formation thing on the beach.  Anyway, this week was good.  We had Zone conference, almost got attacked by German shepherds twice (the closest calls I've ever had on my mission), we were able to put 4 more people with a baptismal date (now we just have to help them come to church hahah), and we laughed a lot.  It has been soooo cold and humid, but we still enjoy every day.
Because I don't have too much time to write I just wanted to share a spiritual thought...Something I learned this week and personal study that I loved was this...

"Holiness is a gift of the Spirit. We accept this gift when we choose to do those things that will increase the sanctifying power of the Holy Ghost in our lives.  When Martha received Jesus Christ into her home, she felt a tremendous desire to serve the Lord to the best of her ability. Her sister, Mary, chose to sit “at Jesus’ feet” and to hear His word. When Martha felt burdened about serving without any help, she complained, “Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone?
I love the words of the most gentle rebuke that I can imagine. With perfect love and infinite compassion, the Savior admonished: ‘Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things.  But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.’ Sisters, if we would be holy, we must learn to sit at the feet of the Holy One of Israel   and give time to holiness. Do we set aside the phone, the never-ending to-do list, and the cares of worldliness? Prayer, study, and heeding the word of God invite His cleansing and healing love into our souls.   Let us take time to be holy, that we may be filled with His sacred and sanctifying Spirit. With the Holy Ghost as our guide, we will be prepared to   receive the Savior in the beauty of holiness."
--Carol F. McConkie, April 2017 General Conference--
I know the savior lives and that He loves us.  He wants to spend time with us!  Are we taking time to spend time with Him and let Him change us?  I love you all!!!  Have a great week and take time to be Holy!!
---Hermana West