Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Week 33


Hi everyone,
This week was good.  It has been absolutely wild but we have been able to see lots of miracles.  Seriously, this sector is golden.  We have a golden investigator but it’s going to be hard to meet with her because we were in her house the other day and her son entered drugged, so we had to leave.  I think with a lot of fasting and prayer we will see miracles with her.  We have found lots of kids that want to be baptized but their parents are menos activos (less active) and don't want to come to church right now.  Again, there is a lot of work to do here and I'm loving it!  Also, one of our investigators came to us and said she wants to be baptized, but she doesn't want to put a date because she wants her family to be baptized with her and they haven't had hardly any of the lessons yet.  Once again, super happy and excited for that!
Basically, this sector is superrrrr prepared.  These people are incredible and so many people want to listen.  It’s amazing to see!
This week was a little bit harder for a few reasons but in those moments, I have learned to try to do all I can to center myself on Jesus Christ.  When I can do that, I always receive the help I need and I know its the same for you!!!
I keep thinking of these lines from President Nelson when he said, 
"We are to learn our duty from the Lord, and then we are to act in all diligence, never being lazy or slothful. The pattern is simple but not easy to follow. We are so easily distracted. Studying the daily news can appear more interesting than the priesthood lesson manual.  Sitting down to rest can be more attractive than making appointments to visit those who need our priesthood service.
When I find myself drawn away from my priesthood duties by other interests and when my body begs for rest, I give to myself this rallying cry: “Remember Him.” The Lord is our perfect example of diligence in priesthood service. He is our captain. He called us. He goes before us. He chose us to follow Him and to bring others with us".
I've applied it to myself and my missionary service and I invite you all to apply it to your life in whatever role you might be playing!
I love you all!!  Have a great week!!

--Hermana West