Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Week 75


Hey this week flew by!  I honestly don't remember too much of what happened...
but some random things...
1--For Thanksgiving we had our district meeting and it was the kickoff for the Church's Christmas initiative.  So we basically kicked off the Christmas season instead hahah.  But I made a lemon pie and root beer floats for our district!
2--We took down and built a fence in the campo all day Saturday.  It was sooo nice doing good hard physical work.  It was a super pretty view too.  We were right on the lake and you could see the volcano in the background.  I got sooo frieeeddddd haha.
3--We welcomed the hermana from the Dominican Republic and had interviews with President Isom so we basically spent all day Wednesday in the mission home haha.
4--It's starting to heat up so that's super nice!! But I'm wayyy not used to the heat so its been killer.
But it's been a really good week!! One of the Elders challenged me to give out over 200 proselyting cards about eternal families before I go home. They don't make these cards anymore.  They are from like the 90's and pretty old and cheesy hahah.  Nobody wants to use them but we had a ton in the office just sitting there that they need to get rid of.  I have to give out more than ten a day. At first I really didn't want to because they are super outdated, but it was a funny challenge and it would help me focus until the end of my mission so I accepted. But it has been superrrr good!!  We have seen more miracles contacting using the old family cards in contacts than I have in almost my whole mission contacting.  That was super inspired!  I know that families can be happy now and for the rest of eternity if we base them on Christ and His teachings!!
This week Elder De Hoyos is coming to speak to our mission!  I'm pretty excited!  We are going to learn a lot(:
Anywayyyyy that's pretty much been my week!!
Oh one of the miracles I saw using the family cards was yesterday!!  I saw a mom and daughter walking and decided to give them the cards.  Turns out the mom is a member and the daughter (15) hasn't been baptized but had received the missionary lessons like 3 years ago.  She looks pretty rebellious but told us she would really like to be baptized!!  We are going to visit her this week!! I'm so excited about that!  God is in charge of His work and knows His children!!  I love you all!! Have a great week!
--Hermana West