Friday, September 7, 2018

Week 64


Hello!
This week has been good.  Some random things...
1-we started going to the gym!  We got permission from president to wake up a little earlier and we go take a exercise class with all the hermanas.  I have never felt better in the mission.  My mind and heart have been way more receptive to the Spirit and I have been learning a lot better and easier!  (we have always exercised btw but now we have permission to do it for an hour instead of 30 minutes and we have the gym now and it makes a huge difference!) It’s been great therapy for my knee that has been starting to have a few problems.
2-We made Haitian food with John Miracle this week with all the other missionaries.

3-As weird as it sounds we knocked doors in the pouring rain for 4 hours and nobody let us in, but it FELT SO GOOD!!!  I mean its sad nobody let us in, but it felt good. hahah I love the mission!
Anyway, it’s been a great week and I keep learning a TON!!  Honestly, we need to study the scriptures EVERY day.  There are sooo many things we can learn from them and so many blessings we can receive!!  This week I have learned once again that you can serve wherever you are.  Most importantly, those in your home.  I love this quote from conference, “What good does it do to save the world if we neglect the needs of those closest to us and those whom we love the most? How much value is there in fixing the world if the people around us are falling apart and we don’t notice? Heavenly Father may have placed those who need us closest to us, knowing that we are best suited to meet their needs.”
Keep loving and keep serving each other!! I love you all so much!!! You’re always in my prayers!!!
--Hermana West