Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Week 38


Weeeellll this week was nuts!!!  We had to move houses so basically 2 full days were spent cleaning, packing, moving, cleaning, and unpacking again.  It was wild.  Then there was a series of super random/ unexpected events that occurred.  I wish I had time to write you and tell you about everything that happened.  But, I want to share just a few experiences with you.  We saw TONS of miracles this week.  Some were more noticeable than others and I'll have to tell you about the rest of them when I have more time after my mission.  But...here are a couple..
1-The Elders and some hermanas from a sector that was 2 hours away came to help us move even though we thought we didn't need them.  We ran into lots of problems and ended up needing each one of them and things all worked out on time.
2-There were almost lots of problems with legal things like the contract and papers and stuff, but Heavenly Father provided a back up plan for each one.  He is really taking care of His missionaries.
3-I could go on and on and share lots of details, but one of the coolest ones was this:
After we had just spent all day changing houses and cleaning, we were in our new house and we had soo much to do.  The gas tank from our old house had just ran out, and the gas tank from this new house had just ran out that morning as well.  We were starving but we didn't have time to leave and buy food and all we had were eggs and pasta, both of which require gas to cook them.  We didn't have time to buy new gas either because we only had 30 minutes to try to eat something.  Anyway, we were tired and hungry and had no gas to cook so we were kinda sad, but we were going to be ok.  I decided to just start cleaning again and I went over to the sink to start washing the dishes.  All of a sudden, hot water started running instead of cold--The gas was working!  At the time, we thought "sweet, maybe the owner was confused and just thought it ran out but it actually had some left". I told my comp to hurry and start cooking the noodles and I would hurry and cook the eggs.  We were using gas for a good 15 minutes without fail.  Then we had time to eat our food and we had to leave.  When we got back to the house that night, I went to start washing the dishes.  The water was cold again and the stove wouldn't light.  Suddenly I realized that we had had a pure miracle.  There was absolutely no gas left, and there hadn't been any gas that morning either.  But, Heavenly Father was merciful to His missionaries and provided us with the gas that we needed to cook some food.  Even though it wasn't something super important, He still wanted us to be happy.  Then as we started looking back on the day we realized about a million other things like that that had happened and we were in awe.
  I know God loves me and He loves you.  He wants us to be happy.  He is involved in the details of our lives and wants to bless us.  We need to be obedient so that He can bless us.  I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
--Hermana West