Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Week 31



Hola Family!!!!
After saying goodbye to my favorite sector, and after a long plane, bus, and boat ride....I made it safely to Chiloé!!!  (P.S I saw Torres de Paine..idk how to spell it...from the plane!  So beautiful!)
I LOVE it here!!!  All the plants are so beautiful and it really does feel like an island.  It's hot, we can see the ocean from our house and everywhere we are because our sector is pure hills, and there is so much fruit because its summer!!  The people here are also incredible and kind.  It hasn't even been a week and we have seen lots of miracles here!
My companion is Hermana Canales from Ecuador.  She’s great.  She has 11 months in the mission and has been in the sector for about 2 months.
An experience from this week...
We were in the house of the branch President eating with his family and at the end we shared a message.  I opened up the scriptures and it fell open to 3rd nefi 18 when Christ is talking to the Nephites.  I saw one of the scriptures where Christ is talking and it basically says pray as a family that your wives and your children may be blessed.  We talked about the importance of that.  Christ was with them for only a few short chapters and He talked about baptism, the Sacrament, and among other super important things, family prayer.  (That shows how important family prayer is.  I know that as families kneel in prayer together they will feel a greater peace in their home and more united as a family over time).  Anyway, as we shared the scripture President was really moved.  He expressed that he felt like Christ was speaking directly through us to him and that he was really thankful for our visit.  Then we knelt with them as a family and prayed and it was a really sweet experience.  But the point of the story is that I learned once again that the spirit works by small and simple means.  I didn't feel a huge overwhelming prompting to share this scripture.  I just saw it, and thought "that would be a good thing to share".  Most of the time that's how the spirit works with us---through good, kind thoughts.  If you have a thought that invites you to do something good, follow it!  Almost 100% of the time it’s the Spirit(:  I promise that as you do that you will be able to recognize the voice of the Holy Ghost even more and work miracles in your life and in the lives of others!!
A lot has happened this week but right now nothing else is coming to my mind to share so I will just leave it at that hahah.  Have an amazing week I love you all!(:

--Hermana West