Monday, November 6, 2017

Week 20

Hola!!!!
This week has been another incredible week as a missionary!  I’m being stretched in a lot of ways...most of them random.  Such as...Singing Karaoke in front of everyone for a ward activity Some funny things that have happened this week...
1-We were walking along the beach for our dinner and it was pouring rain and the rocks were super slippery.  Hna Egbert was walking ahead of me and I was just walking along enjoying life when all of a sudden my foot slipped on the rock and I went down--Hard. Hahah it was super funny though.  I slammed my knees on the rocks and then I full on face planted.  I've never done that before in my life and even though it hurt, I immediately started laughing.  It was super funny.  Hermana Egbert turned around just in time to watch the face plant and it was like slow motion.  We have laughed about that a lot since.
2-We had a stake meeting and all of the Sisters in our zone were asked to sing!  We sang two songs.  The first one went really well....the last one..not so much hahaha.  The last song was Glorious by David Archuleta but we only had time to practice it one time before hand.  Anyway, halfway through the song everyone randomly changed key and it sounded horrible hahah and I LOST IT!  I started laughing so hard in front of 160 or more people and I couldn't stop.  For the rest of the song I was trying to stop laughing but couldn't.  Don't worry you couldn't really hear it, you could just see it.  The congregation was fine until they saw that I couldn't stop laughing hahha then they all started laughing too.  It was super funny.
3-Sorry I forgot this one...I guess it wasn’t that important hahah.

Ok now for the Spiritual things:
1-One of our investigators is getting baptized this weekend!!  We are so happy for her!!  She has had problems with keeping the Sabbath day holy because she is super good at Karate and she has practices and competitions on Sundays sometimes.  We had a really good lesson with her this week and we asked her to pray and ask Heavenly Father what he would like her to do about coming to church on Sunday.  Saturday night we passed by and talked to her for a second.  SHE TOLD US SHE WAS GOING TO COME TO CHURCH!!! And she said it with a huge smile too! That means that she chose church over her Karate competition and that she would have to explain to her coaches and parents and everything why she wouldn't go.  She has so much faith!  Her mom is sick too and since she is only 12 she can't drive, but she was willing to go by herself!  These people are incredible. They are so full of faith.
2-Saturday night our music practice went over by a ton.  We ended by 9:35, but we had to be in the house for sure by 10:00.  We were in the Ovajero chapel which is about a 25 minute walk to our house from there if we are walking REALLY fast.  Also, we couldn't take a taxi because its the end of the month and we were out of money.  Anyway, because it had been raining all day my companion and I wore our big rubber hunter boots.  The back of my heals were pealing off.  Hahahah that sounds super gross but its true.  The skin was coming off from walking in them for a few days and it hurt so bad.  We had to walk really slow all day.  So we left the chapel and tried to walk fast but its wasn't working. Hermana Egbert and I tried switching shoes to see if her shoes wouldn't hurt me as bad but that was a mistake hahah it made it 10 times worse.  We stopped and said a prayer asking for a miracle.  We told Heavenly Father that we wanted to do our best to keep His rule of being in the house by 10:00 and that we were willing to try our best.  After the prayer Hermana Egbert said that it would probably be faster for us if I took off my shoes and walked barefoot home, so I did!  We both took off our shoes (she didn't want me to suffer alone) and started to walk home in the freezing rain as fast as we could!  People were looking at us SO WEIRD and we were trying to hide our name tags so we would just look like to crazy gringas instead of two crazy missionaries.  After about 5 minutes of laughing super hard but also realizing that there was absolutely no way we were going to make it home on time, a miracle happened.  A member had been driving by and saw two tall girls walking and thought it might be the missionaries and that they could give them a ride!  They turned around and took the long way so that they could make sure the missionaries had a ride home.  To their surprise, they pulled up and saw us all wild looking and barefoot. They were super confused hahha but they were really kind and gave us a ride and we were in the house at EXACTLY TEN!!!  We were laughing a ton but at the same time we wanted to cry because we realized that Heavenly Father is super aware of us and wants to bless us.  As we try our best to do what he asks us, he will always provide a way.  Our Heavenly Father is a God of miracles and he has everything planned out to the last detail, we just need to exercise our faith and act. 

And those are the highlights of the week!!  I love you all so much!!  Jesus Christ still lives and He is the way to lasting peace and Joy in this life!!  Have an amazing week!!