Thursday, July 20, 2017

Week 5

Hola!!!  This week has been so incredible!!  I have felt the Spirit so much, and they have really been focusing on getting us ready for Chile!  We have been practicing teaching so much, and even though we have a long way to go, we are getting better every day!  Last night for our personal study time, we decided to all get priesthood blessings!!  It was such a powerful experience!  What a blessing it is to have the priesthood restored on this earth!!  Nothing confirms my testimony more than the priesthood!!  Hearing the Lord tell you things through another person that has no idea what you're struggling with but knows, through the Spirit and through the power of God to say exactly what you need to hear is incredible!!  Also, I leave on Monday for Chile!  Woohoo!!!  I'm so excited to serve other people!!  This past Saturday in TRC (where you teach real people), we had the opportunity to actually teach a nonmember!  Her friend had invited her to come!  Our Spanish isn't very good, but we taught her about the Book of Mormon, tried to answer her questions as best we could, and invited her to read it and ask God to know for herself if what we were saying was true.  We taught her how to pray and she gave the closing prayer!  She started crying and told us that she felt the Spirit.  She thanked us for helping her feel God’s love.  She told us that even though our Spanish isn't very good, she felt something different and good with us!  She told us she thinks we are doing a good thing, and she is glad to hear we are going to help others!  She also told us that she will read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it’s true.  It was a super cool experience because we didn't know she wasn't a member until we were in the lesson and I asked her how long she had been a member.  She said she wasn't and that she was Catholic.  So the lesson we had planned, we just abandoned.  It was cool having to rely completely on the Spirit to know what to teach and being an instrument in the Lord’s hands.  We also had another devotional this week, and I felt like the speaker was saying everything that I needed to hear!  He talked about how you may not have wanted to be assigned to labor in the mission we were, but that is where the Lord has called us.  The apostles look at your face and missionary application one by one, and the Lord tells them through the Spirit what mission you are to be assigned to.  I was sobbing.  It's not easy, but I know that the Lord has called me to Chile.  He told us that the Lord trusts us.  He trusts us enough to represent Him and His church, and He has placed his confidence in us!  I love being a missionary!!  Even though it's hard, I sometimes wonder how in the world life could get better!!  OH!!  Also one of my teachers this week was a missionary that served in Danny´s mission!!  His name is Hermano Lopez, and he just got back in December!  He says Hi to the VanCott family!!  Also when we were packing, I found all the notes you guys hid in my suitcase!!  They were so sweet, and I loved them so much!!  Thank you!!  I don't know how I got blessed with the best family!!  I love you all!!  Keep living the gospel!!  This time next week, I will be in Chile woohoooo!!

--Hermana West