Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 15


Hola!!
This email is going to be a little shorter but Its been a good week!!  We had zone conference and a few other meetings and lots of studies!  Ive learned a TON though!  One of the highlights was participating in the world wide day of service!  We got to put on the "mormon helping hands" vests and clean up tonsssss of garbage!  When I say tons I mean YEARS worth of stuff!  The people were super grateful and it was a really good missionary opprotunity!  I loved serving!  It was pouring rain the whole time and super fun.  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! 
 We got to work with members this week using Facebook!  They prayed about who they should send a video to and then shared it along with a super simple testimony!  It was really powerful and its helping to prepare the world for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ!  If you guys have time I would suggest dedicating an hour of your Sunday or something to doing some type of online missionary work!  It will bless your lives and the lives of your friends and family!  
Womens conference was really good!!  I felt the spirit most strongly during the songs and prayers.  It really hit me that when we pray, we are gathering as disciples of Jesus Christ all around the world talking to our Heavenly Father.  It was also a really sweet thought knowing that I was praying with you guys at the same time! I love you so much!!
One cool experience that happened this week was with Priesthood blessings!  My companion wanted a blessing and I decided I wanted one too!  Hermana Egbert was going to get hers in English, and I decided to see if I could understand it in Spanish.  So I asked our district leader, Elder Cespedes to give me a blessing.  He speaks zero English and can't understand it either.  Hermana Egbert got her blessing first and went first.  There was a line in hers that talked about how angels our going before us as a companionship and helping us.  And that these same angels are taking care of our investigators when we aren't able to.  Then I got my blessing next. Because Elder Cespedes doesn't speak or understand English, he didn't know what Hermana Egberts blessing said.  But when he gave me mine, he said almost the exact same line word for word that Hermana Egberts blessing said!  So, I know without any shadow of a doubt that the Priesthood is real.  Its Gods power on the earth today and it is such a blessing.  Heavenly Father knows us personally and loves us.  I also learned that we all have help from both sides of the veil.  We have angels bearing us up when we are weak and not feeling the best.  I also really believe we have angels helping us in good times as well!  Either way, we are NEVER alone.
I love you all so much!  Our investigators are doing really well and I'm super excited to watch General Conference this week!!  Do all you can to be able to watch it!!  What a blessing it is to have a prophet on the earth!!  I love you all and have an amazing week!!
--Hermana West