Monday, June 4, 2018

Week 50



Wow.  This week was nuts.  Hahah but first....HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATELYN THIS WEEK!!  I love you lots!! 
So, last Monday we took a plane to Puerto Montt and we stayed the night there with the Hermanas.  Then on Tuesday morning we woke up early and traveled to Osorno to go to the leadership conference.  That was fun!!  We learned a lot and we are starting to implement a plan in the mission called the "nido unido"  haha it means the united nest. Long story short, you ask members to do specific things for your investigators all day everyday.  Like sending them a message, saying a prayer for them, sharing their testimony about a certain thing, etc.  But the idea is the they will feel like the ward is their family and it will help them in their conversion. We are excited.  Then we basically spent the rest of the day talking with missionaries and traveling back to Puerto Montt.  The next day, we woke up and took a bus to the airport and then flew back to Coyhaique.  That took the whole day as well.  So basically, I feel like I still just got here even though it’s been 2 weeks haha.  But its ok. 
As an Hermana Líder it has been nothing but busy.  There are a lot of things you have to do that you wouldn't think of, and for some reason things just happen every day that you aren't expecting.  I have felt like I haven't even been in my sector at all, but it’s all the same work(:  Its really fun, tiring, and time is flying by!!
This week lots of things happened.  After traveling I'm not sure what happened but I got pretty sick.  I couldn't concentrate and my mind was all over the place.  I felt like fainting every moment. Honestly, I don't remember the past week super well hahah.  But I got a blessing from the Elders and things started getting better.  I'm still not 100% back to normal, but I'm a lot better.
We have an investigator who is going to get baptized in June.  He is awesome.  But we realized he doesn't really have an understanding of the things he’s been taught so we are really pushing to have a lesson with him every day so that he will be ready and converted before his baptism.  He’s going to Concepcion this week so please pray for him!!!  
We also had a district talent show this week (a district is like a stake).  We had no idea what we were going to do as missionaries because they asked us to perform something last minute.  Right before the talent show, we brainstormed and did an improve skit.  Welcome to the mission where you just wing everything.  The elders literally made up a song and sang it and we listened to the words and acted out what was happening.  It actually ended up going really well hahahah.  Miracle. But it was so fun.  One of the highlights of my mission.
This week with everything being super crazy and busy, I've realized that even as missionaries you need to take time to be still and take time for Christ.  It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, we have to consciously make time for Christ. I know you guys are all super busy with school, sports, and work.  So if you want to be successful in those things, take time to put God first and everything will work out(:  I love you all!!!  Despite it being crazy and stressful, we find time to enjoy and laugh.  I'm praying for you all!!  Have a great week!!
--Hermana West