Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Week 8


Ok! What a week!!  It has been full of miracles, but first I will start with some of the superficial stuff!  It has been super cold this week!!  Wind, rain, snow, all of it!!  I really got a taste though of the famous Punta Arenas wind!  Tuesday was sooo windy!!  My companion and I were waiting to cross the street and a HUGE gust of wind started knocking her into the street it was so bad!  Luckily I found my footing and grabbed her!  But it was crazy!!  And even though its cold, the wind is super fun!  It can help push you when you are walking, or give you a really good work out if you are going against the wind!  Also, I don't know why, but there is a palm tree here.  Ill try to send a pic.  Its so weird because its freezing and there are pine trees and stuff, and then you turn the corner and there is a random palm tree.  i love it!!  Our house is still falling apart!!  I walked into the kitchen and the Light exploded.  That was actually really funny.  But as of right now I don't think we are going to move this transfer!  We went to go make copies at a little shop here and then we forgot our papers.  The owner was so nice and patient with us!  We started leaving and he gave us a sucker for free!  When we were walking away I was saying things like,"Wow what a nice guy!!  That was so kind!"  and right when I said "Wow this sucker just totally made my day", the wind knocked it out of my hands and into the dirt.  It was hilarious haha I just kinda stared at it for awhile then started laughing.  Too funny.  But what is crazy is we went back that night to make copies again, but this time discovered that we didn't have the money with us!  He gave us the copies for free, and GAVE ME ANOTHER SUCKER!!  That was something small, but it made my day again hahah.  One of my favorite memories from this week was getting completos and eating them by the ocean!  It was beautiful and freezing and fun!  I'm also using all my talents here!  I've been teaching violin to an investigator named Maite!  Its been nice to have a reason to keep meeting with her!  Wow I don't have much more time left, but just know there were a lot of miracles.  Spanish is hard, but its coming.  Like Elder Oaks once said, "I want to wear myself out in the service of the Lord everyday".  This week we haven't been worrying about numbers and instead focusing on what the Savior would do if He were here.  As we've done that, we have seen so many blessings.  for example, one time we were knocking doors for hours and nobody let us in.  We were confused, so we said a prayer asking what He would do.  The answer came "He would pray for the people".  So we went and sat down on the coast, thought of people who might need prayers right then, and prayed for them.  It was one of the most powerful experiences of my mission.  Everything works out according to Gods timing and Plan.  He hasn't forgotten me, and he hasn't forgotten you!  This week I invite you to try doing what the Savior would do more!  I promise you will be blessed!!  I Love you!!
--Hermana West